Monday, December 29, 2014

5 Movies in 2014

Its been quite a long time since i wrote something here. All I've been doing is watching movies and working. Yes, that's all I've been doing and I want it to continue this way for few more days or months. I've cut back a bit on my reading. I want to read more than 40 books in 2015 and want to travel as much as i can afford. I am saving almost everything on travel for 2015. These two things, i hope continues for the rest of my life. There is a small list that I've made of places to visit. Will write more on this in another post. This one I want to talk about the five movies I've watched lately.

1. PK : Amir Khan. Need i say more? Its an awesome movie with everything perfectly written and shown. All of them have done such a great work that you start asking yourself if 3 idiots was better or is it PK? To be frank, I kinda liked 3 idiots more. But the best Bollywood movie for 2014 would be PK.



2. Kasturi Nivasa : This Kannada movie was released many years ago in black and white. But this was released in 2014 in color. As i hadn't watched this in black and white, thought it would be a nice movie day out with my parents considering how my dad likes only Kannada movies to watch in theaters. I took my niece along with my parents and she was the only one bored. She just wanted to watch English ones. But i loved everything about this one. I'm not a fan of Dr. Rajkumar and this movie I really liked him. Awesome acting which brought me to tears at the end. 




3. Lucy : Scarlett Johansson is amazing. I've always loved her in all her movies. Especially in Vicky Cristina Barcelona. I loved her more in Lucy. Great story, acting and direction. I was a bit sad to see very less of Morgan Freeman. 




4. This Is Where I Leave You : I did not know many of the actors in this movie. Except Tina Fey and Jane Fonda. But I LOVED it.     How i wish my parents were into Hollywood, 'cos i so badly wanted to watch this one with my whole family. This would be impossible 'cos my mum watches only Bollywood and Kannada ones, Dad hates movies in general, Sis and Bro in law are full time busy, Don't even get me started with niece 'cos all she's allowed to watch are Disney ones and Nephew's just one year old and won't sit in any place for more than few seconds. Anyways, this one is a must watch for all families. 




5. Lingaa : Rajnikanth. I don't have to say anything else really. All his movies are basically of same or similar story but they are nice. But nobody in South India would like to miss his movies i guess. They are full on entertaining and you always come out of the theater wondering how on earth can he look so awesome at his age.



No comments:

Post a Comment