Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Not my cup of Tea - Or Slice of Cake..? :)

Being with people whose interests differ from yours make you think more than ever. To me one of them is Sports. I absolutely have no idea about any sport. Its not my thing at all. Never even spent few minutes thinking about it. Closest to anything sports related I have got is watching the Throw Ball match played by the girls in my team recently. Actually during the match I was on call whole time or checking my Facebook account or Pinterest.

So yea, Coming back to the point I'm trying to make here. Being with those who are interested in something other than your likes, make you realize how less you know about what they talking about. How much there is to know in this world. How little effort has been put by you to get out of your comfort zone even in thinking. A friend of mine is into Football and used to talk quite a lot about it. Which led me to think how little I knew about the game. Not that it made me suddenly interested in it. :) Nope. Not happened. Yet I felt I need to make a little effort at least to try to reply in a way that is normal. You can't just say "OK" when the other person has spoken about it with lot of passion. When i did this I'm sure my friends got irritated with me. :(

Its also about twinkling in the eyes. I have written about this in one of my old posts. Its awesome to talk to those whose eyes twinkle while they talk about what they love. This happens to me when I'm talking about books or movies. So when someone is talking about Sports with the sparkling eyes, I can't reply in a single word. When I hear them talk about their game, I can feel the excitement in their voice, a strong pull that they have towards becoming better at it, enjoying the whole conversation. I do not have this about Sports obviously. Might never feel it also. But its fine with me. Not everything in this world can be called ours.

Anyways, I am thinking about it. Will try to learn a bit as well. Just so i could continue a conversation related to sports n stuff.

But will i try to play any sport? Still a No. :)

4 comments:

  1. Back to commenting in ur blog after a very long time! :) Am sorry to read abt waht transpired in your personal life in the last few months.. But you seemed to have coped up really well. Travelling really helps in tough times like these. For me, keeping myself extra busy in what I do in office and taking my career a tad seriously (was good at work but never stretched myself ;)) has helped these last few months.
    Anyway, coming back to ur topic. I would suggest you try Table tennis or badminton as a start, atleast once in a week or two. It's like learning a new language. Who knows, u might start enjoying it!

    Btw, what book are u reading now? Do update abt it or any review abt a recent one that u read. Stay happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Arnab.. :)

      Thanks..!!

      I used to play badminton a bit few years back. Should start again i guess.. :) hehe

      I just finished Flight of the Flamingo by Sangeeta Mall. I kinda liked it. U should try.

      Not been able to read a lot. Bit busy with work and stuff. Feel so guilty.. :(

      Delete
  2. Same here Kavya.. I put a target of reading 24 books this yr in Goodreads on Jan 1st. And guess how many books have i read till date, only 2 :P One of them was the autobiography of the maths genious Ramanajun - 'The Man who knew infinity'. It was exhaustive but an awesome read.. You can try if u have been a mathematics lover :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow.. Ill read this one.. Im not mathematics lover at all.. :) Wanted to watch the movie.. Couldn't..

      Delete