Monday, June 11, 2012

Let Go

The following is a very meaningful story written by Dr. Billy Graham.

A little child was playing one day with a very valuable vase. He put his hand into it and could not withdraw it. His father too, tried his best, but all in vain. They were thinking of breaking the vase when the father said, "Now, my son, make one more try. Open your hand and hold your fingers out straight as you see me doing, and then pull."

To their astonishment the little fellow said, "O no, father. I couldn't put my fingers out like that, because if I did I would drop my penny."


Most of us are like that little boy, holding on to something worthless. I feel we are scared to let go. We like to be in control of everything and everyone around us. When things don't go as per our plan, we panic, show anger, get irritated, get depressed and give up. We need to learn to let go. I know its hard but not impossible. When things don't go our way, we fail to realize that we are holding on to Anger and that Hope is slipping away. Lets learn to hold on to Hope and let go of Anger. 

As the saying goes, " There is no worse Death than the end of Hope"

No comments:

Post a Comment