Tuesday, March 24, 2015

To move on

Its been so nice to have all the time possible to read as much as i love to. This is something I've always wanted and i have it now. Buying books has been my habit for the past ten or more years and this is one thing for sure will never stop. Sometimes i choose them randomly looking at the cover or
sometimes I go through Good reads recommendations.

I picked the book "The Love Verb" by Jane Green and have to say this one made me cry even more than "PS I Love you". God. I had to keep tissues ready for every single page. Half of the book is all happy happy but its the kinda happy where you know something's gonna happen and its not gonna
be good. Its about losing your loved one to cancer. So this particular topic breaks me down all the time. I have lost my aunt to Breast Cancer and I know how it feels to see our loved one become weak day by day and losing them to it. This aunt of mine was more of a mother to me as she took care
of me a lot while my mum was a working women. Even today my mum n I miss my aunt a lot and i can't even try to imagine how it was for my mum to lose her sister. This book was picked by me randomly 'cos i really liked the cover picture. But i made the right choice. When my aunt passed away, I didn't cry much. Infact i cried only for an hour or two. Back then that was my coping mechanism. This book is healing me now of that. I know it. I'm so glad for Jane Green to have written this wonderful book and thank her for helping me moving on. 


I have been doing a strange thing this month. For the first time, I started reading two books at a time. Along with "The Love Verb" I have been reading "Gospel of the Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi" by Her Devotee-children, S. Nikhilananda. I have to say this is so not my type. If you have read my previous post on the type of books i read, you will know that mostly its about love, friendship, family and stuff. But this one is something I made up my mind to read it. I am not in a mind frame to finish it. More importantly, I want to take as much as possible from this book. My grandmother who is a regular at RamaKrishna Math suggested this one for me. I have been going through bad time for the past six months and I am not ready yet to write about it here. Someday maybe end of this year or next I hope i am ready to express a bit of it here in my blog 'cos writing here is again something that's been very close to my heart and it won't change forever i hope.

So to help me come out of my emotional mess, my grandmother suggested that i read this book and I downloaded the Kindle version and started. As said earlier, only motive with this one for me to learn and take as much knowledge as possible and nothing else. I am not religious and will never be. Any
number of books and movies could not change my opinion on religion. I have only one opinion on religion. To me, it doesn't exist. To me, there is only Good and Bad. I don not wish to give it any other name.

Wow. I wrote a pretty long post after a long time. I'm glad. :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi kavya.. Great post.. It's really overwhelming to know that ur reading some great stuff n coming out of d mess :) Keep going.. Be happy.. N most important Move on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi kavya.. Great post.. It's really overwhelming to know that ur reading some great stuff n coming out of d mess :) Keep going.. Be happy.. N most important Move on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for reading my blog.. :)

      You have been a huge support to me and sure has helped a lot in moving on. Thanks once again for everything. :)

      Delete
  3. hey m very happy tht u consider me as a huge support ..i have always supported u n will keep doing d same ...wnt u to be just happy :)

    ReplyDelete