Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Serious Post #2

Any of you would agree with me if i say we have been programmed from our childhood days to respect elders. We are told not to argue or raise our voice to them. We are told to take their advice and follow them as they are more experienced than us in everything. We cannot question their knowledge as they have seen the world and different stages of life more than us. Its been told to us, i mean someone of my age in families to place the elders as role models who's life decisions and their way of living should give us a path to follow.

But what happens when their words and actions hurt us? Forget about hurting us as i can understand our opinions don't match or even be close to theirs. So i won't go into this.

So when we find elders hurting someone of their age with their words and actions, what does it show to us? If we stand up to what is right and try to give a suggestion, we would be reminded of how its not up to us to advice them as we are still young. How do we keep them as someone to be followed? How can we follow something blindly when it feels wrong? So respect has nothing to do with age?

I am not really into talking about these serious stuff. Don't know why this thought came to my mind today. Want my life to be as simple as possible. I follow what feels right at the end of the day. Do what brings happiness to you. If I'm going to sleep with a smile on my face, that's enough of a reason to look forward to next morning. I want to tell my children not to follow anyone blindly irrespective of their age. I want to tell them to question anyone at every step of their life and take decisions that suits them best. While doing this, i hope they don't become selfish.

6 comments:

  1. I agree on the last bit ... while the kids don't become selfish, "elders" might assume that the child is arrogant ( which would be a reflection of the adults who think so )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup.. I've seen this happening a lot, where elders think the child is arrogant and shouldn't even be questioning them..

      Delete
  2. Whats right is always right, peoples opinion or way of thinking differs....
    Can't help when elders behave different... wen they are the one to show us right path....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True.. Agree with you..

      Thanks a lot for reading.. :)

      Delete
  3. I love to live simple as well and now i have made simple living possible and i know it happens .. to a great extent !!
    Developing a perception is a way of living and imparting the knowledge of the same is also and at the same taking lessons of life for your ownself and leaving others to learn from life on their own is , another !!
    :)

    ReplyDelete