Monday, April 21, 2014

Two more books

Last week, I took my Book Challenge seriously and read two amazing books. David Baldacci's "First Family" and Khaled Hosseini's "And the Mountains Echoed"

"First Family" was published in 1962. Story is all about Kidnapping and revenge. Few chapters had me in tears while understanding the Kidnapper's motive behind his actions. This was my first book of David Baldacci and now I'm looking online to buy few others. I really liked the way its written, nothing was dragged unnecessary. I never once had a feeling of knowing how its all going to end. Really liked this part in the book as i hate it when half way through the book, I get a feeling of knowing the end which makes me lose interest in turning the pages. You will just have to read “First Family” to find out everything. 




Now coming to Khaled Hosseini's "And the Mountains Echoed". Oh god, What can i say about this awesome book? I was glued to it for a whole day. Yes, I just didn't feel like putting it down till the end. Ever character, every page was just perfectly written. Each chapter is through different character's perspective and shows the connection between all. Now, I knew this book was going to be just great anyways, having read his other two books and loving it completely. I highly recommend all three of his books to everyone. Looking forward to read more from him obviously. 




I just realized that I've only read five books in two months. Hmm. Hope to read not less than six in the coming month.

No comments:

Post a Comment